My Curriculum Vitae
I have been developing applications for iOS since iOS 3, both as a hobby, in accademia and professionally. However my range of skill is not limited to iOS Development.
My list of competences include:
- Objective C, Swift, Python, C, Java
- Haskell, Scala
- Cocoa, Cocoa Touch, Foundation, UIKit, Cocos2D
- RDBMS (mySQL, Oracle), Redis, MongoDB
- Amazone AWS, Microsoft Azure
- Git, Github, SVN
- Scrum, Agile, Kanban
Feingold Technologies, a Sharecare company
My role in Sharecare
I lead the iOS team and actively develop the SDKs and iOS application. Interested in joining me? Get in touch @tmpz
In 2013 I joined Wire, to bring the next real time communication platform to life.
What is wire
Wire is tool to communicate with text, voice, pictures and media — all beautifully woven together for modern devices and the web. Call, message, and share pictures, videos and music in simple, beautiful conversations. It works on your phone, tablet and desktop, for personal and group conversations. Wire is financially backed by Iconical, which among others also backs Rdio, Vivino and Aether
What did at Wire
At Wire I worked in a team of 8 developing the iOS and OSX clients. On a daily basis I worked closely together with the Android, web and back-end teams to define the architecture, the technical requirements and the technical features. I also worked directly with the design team to realize a fully custom UI that is core to the Wire experience.
To sum up, my responsibilities at Wire:
- Development, testing and maintenance of the iOS client.
- Development, testing and maintenance of the OSX client.
- Development and maintenance of build machines, build pipeline and build tools.
- Defining and structuring of functionalities throughout the whole technological stack.
- Work with designers, stake holder and other technical teams to define and implement features.
Technologies & Processes:
- UIKit, Core Animation, Core Graphics, Core Data, Core Audio, Autolayout, AVFoundation
- Objective-C, Swift, Python, Haskell, Bash
- JSON, YAML, REST
- Amazon AWS, Github, Git, Jenkins, Gitflow
- Scrum, Agile, Pair-Programming, TDD, Jira
Pearl’s Peril is a hidden object game played by over 25 million players. Week by week, unlock fresh adventures and new stories. From the bottom of the Pacific to the top of the Eiffel Tower, revisit the golden age of exploration and get swept away on a truly thrilling adventure. Challenge your friends with weekly score competitions, build your own fantastic island and become a super sleuth. With hundreds of beautiful hidden object scenes for you to discover, thousands of items to find, and a huge array of puzzles to complete, you’ll have the time of your life with Pearl’s Peril.
My role on Peal’s Peril
Working in a mixed competence team of about 30 people, I developed the iOS version of Pearl’s Peril, an hidden object game with episodic content.
On a everyday basis I collaborated with other front-end and back-end engineers to deliver the best technical quality and user experience for social games on the iOS platform.
- Develop a flexible and robust game architecture to allow for integration of future features
- Giving technical feedback to game designers and product owners
- Integrate the work of game artists into the game.
Adopting an agile work flow, I worked on a number of different features of the game. I have implemented parts of the core game loop, including the city builder mechanics and hidden object scenes, as well as the network engine, the Downloadable Content (DLC) subsystem, the sound engine, and various parts of the user interface.
The content intensive project has posed several challenges on the technical side originating both from targeting multiple resolution devices as well as keeping the DLC and app bundle size to the minimum.
Technologies & Processes:
- UIKit, Core Animation, Core Graphics, Core Data, Core Audio, Autolayout, AVFoundation, Cocos 2D
- Objective-C, Bash
- JSON, REST
- Amazon AWS, Github, Git, Jenkins,
- Scrum, Agile, Pair-Programming, Jira
From time to time I also take on freelance projects
Tweek is about connecting people to video. Tweek was designed as a new entry door to future video consumption: One Personalised Video Discovery across hundreds of Apps + Websites to serve everybody with nothing less than the personally & contextually most relevant content.
Tweek aims to solve two major consumer problems we all know when leaning back on the couch in the evening to watch video: What’s worth my time? Where can I get it now?
I helped Tweek getting their up in shape for iOS 7 and again for iOS 8
Durated is a e-commerce platform with an ethical twist. Sellers share trough the application how their products are made and how they come to market. Durated promotes positive change in retail by revealing the bigger picture. By telling the stories of the people and processes involved in crafting our carefully curated selection, Durates wants to empower customers with deeper knowledge and connection to the brands and objects customers invest in.
For Durated I developed the iPad prototype application for the 2013 Berlin Fashion Week
- UIKit, Core Animation, Core Graphics, Core Data
- JSON, REST
- Lic, Chalmers Tekniska Högskola (2010)
- MSc, Politecnico di Torino (2008)
- MSc, Ecole Nationale Supérieure d’Informatique et de Mathématiques Appliquées de Grenoble (2007)